I’ve got opinions today, and if you don’t want to hear them, please feel free to leave my blog.
The pro-life movement is only pro-life when it comes to controlling women and the decisions that women make.
- Guns are more important than protecting children’s lives when it comes to mass shootings that consistently happen in the USA
- Not wearing a mask was more important than wearing a mask, when scientists, doctors and every fucking health organization on earth said that a tiny piece of cloth over your nose and mouth could help prevent the spread of COVID and save lives
- The death penalty is still fucking allowed in the United States
- People don’t give a damn about the millions of immigrants trying to come to the United States for a better life (often losing their lives in the process). It makes international news when they’re kept in cages, and referred to as ‘dirty aliens’, the children are separated from their parents, and so on and so forth
The pro-life movement is not about life at all, it’s about controlling women and furthering the patriarchy.
If the pro-life movement were actually about being pro-life,
- Child support would begin at the moment of conception. You have sex? Time to pay child-support
- Universal health care would be available to all citizens of the United States, but especially to women, who are largely the sole carriers of all burdens associated with pregnancy
- There would be social service benefits for all women who give birth, whether or not they choose to keep their child. Let’s give women funding, so they can have help with the very real toll that it takes on a woman’s body to give birth. Let’s strengthen employment laws to ensure that no woman’s career would have to suffer if she does become pregnant and give birth
- While we’re at it, let’s prioritize school lunch programs, so kids don’t have to go hungry
- Don’t stop there, either. Let’s talk about prisoner reform, and the programs that can be launched to help former convicts back into society, or those who need to/should stay in prison, what can we do to improve their living conditions? WHY, WHY, WHY are there so many prisoners in the United States who aren’t allowed to vote? Why aren’t they given proper nutrition and medical care?
- Let’s promote education, making it free, or if not free, more accessible to everyone in the United States, and not just those who were born into a life of privilege
- Let’s be done with the death penalty
- Let’s ensure the 2SLGBTQIA+ NEVER has to worry about their rights to marry, privacy and so much more being stripped from them.(Something they should’ve had all along, by the fucking way)
- Let’s talk about EQUALITY. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. Because people who are pro-life, should be wanting to ensure that children brought into this world are able to grow up in safe neighbourhoods with low crime rates, good education systems, and all of the privileges afforded to the children of the men and women of the SCOTUS who just forced this unholy hell on hundreds of millions of people. It’s easy for them to pretend life is hunky dory when their children will never have to face adversity in their lives.
And to the stupid its all over the internet spewing “Don’t abort your baby, we’ll adopt it”,
- There are more than 400,000 children in the United States in foster care without a family or stable home life, and many more who are homeless, why haven’t you adopted any of those babies? Or does a fetus’ life only matter up until a woman has given birth?
One last thing,
If you don’t like abortion – don’t fucking get one.
The United States political system is a fucking joke. The pro-life movement isn’t pro life at all. They’re pro CIS, white-male dominance.